Mission: To conduct pioneering academic studies, to develop projects and to encourage and organize interdisciplinary studies in energy technologies and related fields.
Vision: To be a leading research, development and application center in energy technologies and related fields.
The aims of the center are,
- To conduct academic studies on energy technologies, to develop projects, to organize courses and seminars,
- To contribute to the development of the University's relations with public institutions and organizations, the private sector and international organizations that carry out similar studies through the programs and practices to be carried out.,
- To encourage and organize interdisciplinary studies on energy technologies, to create laboratories, to provide infrastructure and data.
The Centre for Energy Technologies Research, Development and Application (ETAM) started its activities on January 5, 2020 in order to follow the studies in the field of energy technologies and to help R&D activities to be carried out in a centralized coordination.
ETAM was established as a result of the need to organize the ongoing research in order to offer renewable and alternative solutions on Energy, which is considered as one of the priority areas in today's world. The environmentally friendly and efficient utilization of fossil fuels, the development of new approaches to be applied in creating a sustainable future and preventing global warming are becoming more and more important day by day. In this sense, conducting research, development, investigation, measurement and monitoring studies on new and renewable energy sources such as nuclear, solar, wind, wave, geothermal, hydrogen and biomass energy is the basis of the activities. Studies and researches are carried out to identify and develop the country-wide potential of these energy resources and to contribute to the technological integration of their applications.
ETAM's main goals are,
- To carry out leading academic and industrial R&D activities in energy technologies and related fields
- To work in the field of energy efficiency, planning and management
- To integrate new technologies developed to existing technologies
- To offer solutions to users and practitioners for successful transfer.
With well-educated and qualified human resources, ETAM continues its activities to contribute to R&D and P&D development of Turkey's energy technologies and related areas through providing coordination with industry, universities and other research institutions and organizations